Position: Culinary Intern
Are you interested in the culinary arts? Champion Ranch provides an unrivaled internship experience where you will train under our masterful chef, grow your network, and obtain skills crucial to your future career.
Internship duties include:
- Breaking down proteins (fish, steaks, i.e. ribeye, New York, tenderloin, pork, and whole exotic animals)
- Food quality and PAR levels - proper rotation of foods, inventory, ordering and purchasing, setting budgets, etc.
- Menu and event planning, plating and presentation, learning recipes
- Cooking and preparing food
- Cleaning and maintaining the kitchen and all food preparation areas
- Assisting with teaching cooking classes to guests
- Must be familiar with basic food handling safety and protocols
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Great communication and teamwork skills
Hired interns will complete a 60-day paid internship. Uniforms will be provided.
Housing will be provided on Champion Ranch, therefore transportation to/from work will be unnecessary. Interns may leave the ranch while off-duty, but transportation will be their own responsibility.